Unfortunately, Biofeedback Ireland cannot currently accept new referrals either from healthcare professionals or individuals
Biofeedback Ireland specializes in biofeedback/clinical psychophysiology for people coping with:
- Stress: In our personal life, work and/or as a result of isolation.
- Anxiety: General Anxiety, Panic, Social Anxiety and including PTSD etc.
- Depression: Depression. Both chronic and acute.
- Migraine: Chronic or episodic, with or without aura
- Chronic Pain: Lower Back Pain, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Neuropathic pain, Myofascial pain (active trigger points), Fibromyalgia, IBS etc.
- Headache: Tension based (Neck and Shoulder pain), Decompression headaches etc.
- Cardiac related issues: Functional cardiac issues, (such as Hypertension, Arrhythmia etc.)
- Sleeping Issues: Insomnia, , onset, interruption, awaking early and sleep hygiene.
- Exec. Peak Performance: Perform, present, negotiate, sell and interview at your peak.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries and Ergonomics: Video-conference/computer fatigue, De Quervain’s, Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Injuries, Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis etc.
Therapy Information and Fees:
- We accept all referrals (self-reffered or from healthcare practitioners)
- All clients are entitled to 2 sessions a week (The first in the office and the second, online). If you can't organise a time for the second session you are still billed for the week.
- A session to introduce biofeedback/clinical psychophysiology is free and takes place normally a week or few days before we begin in clinic (It allows you to assess the approach and ask questions, you can then decide whether you want to continue).
- We use a brief therapy model. Expect a minimum of 12-18 weeks of sessions.
- Both weekly therapy meetings are normally 60 minutes.
- The regular schedule for most people (although this may vary) comprises:
- A free pre-therapy session (a phone call or visit to clinic to ask questions about the therapy).
- Week 1 (120 mins) 1 session (Evaluation/Consultation in clinic lasting 120 mins).
- Week 2 (120 mins) 2 sessions in the week (1 session in clinic lasting 60 mins and 1 later in the week, this time online, also lasting 60 mins).
- All sessions from this point forward follow the pattern established in week 2
- We charge per week not per session (the first session is in the clinic and the second is online) (€95 per week or €47.5 per hour
- You can pay as you go and pay per week...OR
- You can pay for 6 weeks in one payment (6 in clinic and 6 online sessions) and make use of a 5% discount ([€570-5%]: Total...€542).
- You can pay for 12 weeks in one payment (12 in clinic and 12 online sessions) and make use of a 10% discount ([€1,140-10%]: Total...€1026).
- You can pay for 18 weeks in one payment (18 in clinic and 18 online sessions) and make use of a 15% discount ([€1,710-15%]: Total...€1453).
- You can use Cash, Cheque, Credit/Debit cards in the office or EFT online.
If you wish to use your medical insurance, you need to check if it covers biofeedback and/or psychophysiology. (Insurance companies have different plans and cover different therapies depending on your policy). We can easily supply receipts for you to claim.
There is a 10% discount for members of the Migraine Association of Ireland.
We operate a sliding fee scale so if you're frontline medical staff, availing of Social Welfare payments, have a limited income or if you're a full time student be sure to mention it and bring along your cards/I.D.'s
When you must cancel, please try to give us at least 24 hours notice. If you are unable to provide at least 24 hours you will be charged the full fee for your session unless we're able to fill it with another client (24 hrs should give us a chance to fill the slot). Please let us know if you are dealing with a serious or contagious illness or emergency.
- You'll have to download the "Zoom" app (we use Zoom's E2EE confidendial services to allow us to conduct the weekly teleconference sessions)
- You'll have to purchase an interval timer ("Gymboss") from a third party (details will be supplied). The price of the device from most suppliers is approximately €20.
We may suggest other devices or software apps from other third parties but most are free and any that have a cost attached are only optional.
If you want more details just contact us HERE or call (086) 872 7668
When looking for a biofeedback therapist
- Make sure the therapist has a primary or post graduate degree in a health related field.
- Look for someone qualified or licensed to practice in their geographic region and field of practice.
- Look for a therapist, who is, or is in the process of becoming BCIA certified (BCB, BCN, BCB-HRV or BC-PMD)
Another Aspect to be aware of:
Practitioners may focus on different areas of treatment/training depending on their license or speciality. Biofeedback is not just a single technique and its application will vary depending on the therapist's background.
- A psychologist may use biofeedback to increase a person’s awareness of the biopsychosocial nature of their issue, how they need to change behaviour and what behaviours they need to change.
- A neurologist or neuroscientist may specialize in the use the EEG modalities to help the client improve attention or concentration.
- A physiotherapist may concentrate on aspects of biofeedback (eg. sEMG) that help speed up the rehabilitation process in an amputee, or somebody with an SCI.
- A urologist may use sEMG feedback together with Kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and help clients with continence issues (particularly post-partum and stress).
Reports Generated (on request)
- Initial Evaluation/Report
- Progress report(s)
- Discharge Evaluation/Report